EIT Health opens “Rapid Response” request for proposals to support immediate response of its partnership to the COVID-19 pandemic.
EIT Health is seeking proposals for new projects or extensions of an existing project that can be implemented rapidly, with full spending and completion of the initiative taking place in 2020. Proposed activities must address the COVID-19 pandemic and create a short-term impact that can be scaled internationally and that leverages our partnership network.
Maximum funding per project is € 600,000.
Deadline: 8 April 2020, 16.00 CET.
“Rapid Response” project requirements
- Projects should address the COVID-19 outbreak exclusively and have an “innovative” element.
- Rapid implementation of the project is required. The project should be completed, and the funding spent by the end of 2020.
- The project should generate an immediate / short-term impact in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic that can be achieved and measured by the end of 2020.
- The project should generate an impact that can be scaled internationally (in Europe and globally).
- There should be a solid scientific / technological background that should ensure the safety of patients and healthcare providers.
- The project should include elements of Knowledge Triangle Integration (eg university-research-business cooperation element; research to market pathway etc).
Please note: Vaccine and drug discovery / development are outside of EIT Health’s scope and will not be supported through the “Rapid Response”.
For more information on the eligibility requirements see: EIT Health COVID-19 ‘Rapid Response’ projects for 2020