BioM is pleased to announce the launch of its
EIT Health Innovation Day 2018:
Saturday, 17th Nov 2018, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm + party time
BioM, Am Klopferspitz 19a, 3rd floor, 82152 Martinsried
The BioEntrepreneur i-day:
A day of inspirational talks and health innovation training, supporting you in the design and pitch of your innovative product idea.
- Are you interested in becoming an innovator?
- Have you discovered healthcare problems worth to be solved by a biotech solution?
- Would you like to start designing your own product idea and become a Biotech Entrepreneur?
Who? Open to (postgraduate) students, postdocs, young medical doctors, who would like to experience “design thinking” and receive “pitch coaching”.
Young entrepreneurs from all faculties are welcome: science, engineering, social sciences and medicine to form interdisciplinary teams.
What? Bring your own challenge to work on or work on the i-day challenge: “Personalized Medicine - How to implement omics-based therapies in the clinical routine?”
Work with peers from across disciplines to create innovative solutions for real-life challenges to be solved by the biotech industry and compete for Gold (two-day journey to London to take part in the European EIT Health iDay Winners’ Event), Silver € 300 and Bronze € 200 Awards. All award-winning teams receive an extra half day of personal start-up coaching from BioM.
Purpose: to boost the innovation spirit among academics at Universities and Research Institutes across Europe and kick-start innovation in the area of healthcare.
- Prizes and visibility: teams have the chance to pitch their solutions for Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards
- Real-life healthcare challenges: challenges are sourced from life science experts; you may bring your own challenge to the table
- Develop an innovative healthcare product or service idea
- Inspirational speakers will share their experience of the possibilities and rewards of health innovation
- Participants will learn practical innovation tools and will be supported through the creation of solutions to real life challenges
- Peer-to-peer connections: meet colleagues from across diverse faculties
- Future opportunities: join the active alumni program and participate in follow-up networking events. Innovation Day Gold winners will be invited to apply for a European Winners’ Event
- Receive an EIT Health Certificate of Participation
Mission of EIT Health Innovation i-Days:
The event acts as an entry into the EIT Health network, one of the largest healthcare initiatives worldwide aimed at sustainably advancing the foundations of healthcare and thus promoting the future conditions for healthier living and wellbeing of people across Europe. EIT health does this by leveraging the expertise of more than 140 leading organisations spanning key areas of healthcare such as Pharma, MedTech Payers, Research Institutions and Universities.
BioM is an Associate Partner of EIT Health.
Find out more: www.eithealth.eu
For more information, please contact Angelika Leppert:
phone: +49 (0) 89 / 89 96 79-33
Early registration is necessary to ensure a spot. Register as an individual or as a group. Individuals will be placed into a group.
Register now and until November 6th, 2018. Please, put your motivation of participation into the "Notizen" field: