The GBA Healthcare Seminar Series offer you and your company first-hand experience from those who are already operating their business in China. Building on the success of the previous GBA Healthcare Series, BioM and Huangpu invite you to take part in the next Healthcare Seminar
which will focus on business incubation models in the Chinese healthcare industry.
How to incubate in China‘s Healthcare Market?
Learn from those who do it successfully!
April 29th from 09:00 – 10:30 (CET) / 15:00-16:30 (CST)
Since its launch last year, the GBA Healthcare Seminar Series became a primary platform to foster dialogue and streamline communication between European and Chinese healthcare/biomedicine business and academic communities.
Get a first-hand knowledge from leading business incubator facilities from China’s world-class healthcare cluster - “Huangpu Healthcare Hub”, participate in case studies, and communicate with experts from Merck Guangdong Innovation Hub and Guangzhou International Bio Island as well as the leading European healthcare clusters, such as BioM Cluster development in Munich, BioCon Valley in Rostock, and BioRegion Catalonia in Barcelona.
- 09:00-09:05: Opening & Welcome (Daniel Frerichs, Director Europe, Huangpu, GDD)
- 09:05-09:15: Welcome addresses from Bio/Invest Catalonia and Guangzhou International Bio Island (Joan Vicens Sard, General Manager for Investment Promotion South China at Invest in Catalonia, Montserrat Daban Marin, International Relations Director, Biocat, Ray Zhang, Vice President of Guangzhou International Bio-Island Co., Ltd.)
- 09:15-09:30: Developing an Incubation “Silk-Road-Shuttle” to Greater Bay Area (Daniel Frerichs)
- 09:30-09:45: Joining the Guangzhou International Bio Island Incubator - Case Study - Aortyx aortyx.com (Jordi Martorell, CEO & Co-founder at Aortyx)
- 09:45-10:00: Multinational Corporation Innovation Business Model-Practice of Merck Guangdong Innovation Hub (Mos Mo, Associate Director at Merck Guangdong Innovation Hub)
- 10:00-10:15: Success Stories from Guangzhou International Bio Island Incubator
- 10:15-10:30: Q&A (moderated by Daniel Frerichs)
- 10:30-10:35: Closing Remarks (Daniel Frerichs)
The seminar is free to attend but registration is necessary:
About Greater Bay Area (GBA) Huangpu
Located at the heart of the Greater Bay Area (GBA) Huangpu is one of the TOP 3 high tech and future economy development zones in China. More than 60,000 companies (~20,000 foreign-invested companies), including 200 Fortune 500 companies successfully operate in Huangpu. “Huangpu Healthcare Hub” is a world-class healthcare cluster in China, housing BeiGene, Innocare, Lonza and other biotech giants.