Time and Place
Thursday, 18.06.2020, 09:00 am – 15:00 pm
Virtual symposium digitally delivered.
BioM and Lonza are pleased to invite you to join them for a complimentary symposium, digitally delivered on Thursday 18 June 2020, to gain insight from experts, in the different approaches and techniques to successfully progress therapeutic proteins from discovery to the clinic.
Enjoy an industry perspective from a seasoned pharmaceutical executive, together with updates to approaches with new and established technologies enabling translational research, from Lonza specialists, local companies and leading academics.
Pre-book 1-on-1 sessions with scientific experts at the Lonza Virtual Drop-in-Clinics that will follow the presentations.
- An Industry perspective - What to consider when moving therapeutic proteins from development to first human trials.
- Developability assessment tools and de-risking strategies to support progression of biologics from discovery to development.
- Approaches to maximise successful development fo cell lines expressing more complex proteins - including bispecific antibodies.
- A step forward - Combined strategies to enhance the performance of Pichia pastoris.
- Local company presentations.
- Q&A session with all speakers
This symposium is intended for those working in the field of drug discovery and development in start-up or more established biotechs and academia, with an interest in approaches and techniques to aid in the successful progression of therapeutic proteins to the clinic.
Hari Kumar - Pharmaceutical Executive; Independent Board Member; former CEO Adheron Therapeutics
Noel Smith - Principal, applied Protein Services, Lonza
Alison Porter - Head of Expression System Sciences, Lonza
Joachim Klein - Head of Strain Development and Cell Banking, Microbial Development Services, Lonza
Arne Skerra - Chairman & Founder, XL-protein GmbH
Annika Schmid - Associate Director Discovery Alliances & Technologies, MorphoSys AG
Carsten Brockmeyer - CEO, Formycon AG
Nadja Fenn - Project leader of the Exist-funded project OPSYON, Gene Center of the Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich
Goran Martić - Senior Alliance Manager, Pieris Pharmaceuticals GmbH
The flyer and detailed agenda for the Seminar "maximising success, taking new biotherapeutics from discovery to clinic ..." can be downloaded (pdf).
The virtual symposium is free, but registration is necessary.